Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Placenter: Sooner Than Later

660 Parrington Oval
Norman, OK 73019

My shrimpy little trouble maker sistar badgered me for weeks on end to accompany her to visit the Univeristy of Oklahoma. Seriously?!? Oklahoma?!? So I endured a SEVEN hour drive to and from OK. I drove there (which mostly took place at night so it was AWFUL) and the sistar drove us back. I hate road trips, especially the ones to Dallas. I normally barely survive the 4 hour drive to Dallas so I was in such a defeated state as I kept thinking that once we finally get to Dallas, it would be another three hour drive. *akjhflkjahdf!* So when we get there, we check into the Sooner Hotel which is the university's hotel on campus. I thought it would be as decent as the UH Hilton but NO!!! It was NOT!!! The hotel for me was so disgusting! My sistar thought it was fine and said she had seen worse. Why?!? When I go to hotels, I usually don't care about walking into the bathroom barefoot or bringing my own sheets/pillowcases. But MAN I wish I did! The room smelled old, it looked old and just plain dirty. I'm glad I brought my flip flops so that I could walk into the bathroom. I put a towel over the pillow and I only used the top comforter. I laid my shawl on the bed so that I could sleep on it and I slept as rigidly and straight as possible as to limit the amount of my body surface area that rubbed against the blanket. I considered not taking a shower because the thought of the shower curtain even grazing my arm would make me break-out into an epileptic seizure. But after sleeping in that stinky old bed, I forced myself to work up the courage to tip toe into the shower. Yick! That morning, I really felt as if I would never EVER be able to forgive my shrimpy little sistar. EVAR!

I changed my mind after the tour of OU. It was actually pretty interesting to see the campus and to learn all the little details. Many of the buildings are very old so it has a very distinguished appeal to it. Some of the libraries even looked as if they were in some movie that had students studying in this wonderful ivy league college. Very nice indeedy. The folks were all very nice, because you know, they had to be. My sistar on the other hand kept telling me to stop embarassing her. I had my giganto camera and I kept leaving the group to take pictures of the buildings and of the group and of course, my sistar. She said that I was worse than our mom, which I have to agree that I am. At the end of the tour, someone mentioned the words FREE T-shirts and I literally power walked my way to the head of the group. I love me some freebies! If you are like me, you're prolly also wondering: What the hell is a Sooner?



The one on the very top right says "WELKOM". That is awesome. Haha!



Teeny tiny freshmen dorm room.



The area around the campus had suffered through a freeze and ice storm. Many of the trees died and therefore had to be cut down. Most of the grass in the area also didn't make it. The campus is usually filled with flowers and green green grass and big full trees.

1 comment:

AntsyMama said...

why does she wanna go there? i love your sooner hotel rant. classic.