I LOVE LOVE LOVE music. But who really doesn't right? I'm costantly on the hear-out for new songs that will make my commute to and from work just that much more pleasurable. I make it an involuntary habit to pay attention to everything I hear whether it's on a TV show, TV commercial, movies, restaurants, internet and of course when friends/family introduce me to new stuff that becomes an instant addiction for me. When someone asks me what kind of music I listen to, I always hesitate because I'm not really sure how to answer that. But when the new commercial for that new nike air jordan LAPTOP came out (haha, i kid, i kid), I mean that Apple Air Mac or whatever it's called, I instantly (as usual) fell in LOVE with the song! Of course I heard of the artist as well as the song about a month before it even came out because perezhilton.com featured it on his blog. He is a great resource of new material and is generally 80% on par with my taste in music. Anyhow, I realized that the perfect answer to the aformentioned situation would be: "I listen to Apple music". I mean, COME ON! Whoever is in charge of finding music for Apple commercials would be my bestfriend stat! I've loved almost every artist/song they have used. U2, The Gorillaz, Feist, Caesar's Palace. Everyone of them except for Mary J. Blige. I have no idears what they were thinking with that choice. Obviously, I'm not a big fan of hers. Never was and never ever will be. So yeah, if you were wondering, I listen to Apple.
With all that said, I introduce Musik Mundi. Every Monday, I plan on featuring one of my fave artist and his/her song(s). It could be something old, something new, something borrowed or something ... you get the point. It may be something you are already familiar with or it could be completely new! Old to you, new to me. Old to me, new to you! If you have suggestions I would love to hear it out!
Yael Naim is a French-Israeli musical talent. Her current album has songs that are sung in English, French and Hebrew! That's super awesome. I love songs that feature the soothing sound of female vocals and it's even better when they have an uber cool accent to go along with it.
*photo courtesy of amazon.com*
Yael Naim
Album: Yael Naim (2007)
Song Title: New Soul
4 weeks ago
1 comment:
yeah i really like that cd you made me awhile back in the tanox days. good shtuff!
Post a Comment