Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Wedding: Thanh & Aimee

02.23.2008

Kim Son Jefferson
2001 Jefferson St
Houston, TX 77003

This was my first wedding reception at this location since the days I had to accompany my parents to their friend's weddings. The groom is a colleague of the bf's and the bride is also in the toof biz. I absolutely loved the way they decorated the room. It was so purty! Even when all the guests had arrived and were seated at their table, the room still held it's own which is usually not the case. The notables would have to that they actually had dragon dancing! That was super fun to watch since I missed out on the New Year's festivities. That was the first time I've ever seen that at an asian wedding. It was also the very first time that the centerpiece actually stayed on the table for the entire duration of the meal. The centerpiece is normally taken down to make way for the family style dishes of food. I wasn't too happy with the choices of entrees. My favorite is ALWAYS the Ga Xoi Chien. But they had Peking Duck so that almost made up for it. Almost.




Every asian wedding that I have been to these last few years has one thing in common. The cake! It could be decorated differently on the outside, but on the inside, it's pretty much just bleh. The inside is usually coffee or mocha which sounds like it should be fantastic, but it's not. The cake itself is dry and the icing is a butter cream. It's always the same stuff! I guess just like all asians have their reception at Kimson, all asians also buy their wedding cakes at this bakery called Le Duc. Their wedding cakes are a lot cheaper than most American places so of course that's what they settle for. Supposedly, their pastries are pretty good, so I'll have to stop by there one day and try it out.



Too much xoxo? As in Courvoisier XO.



So I have to wonder what kind of role models these group of girls have in their lives. At the end of the night, they boldly climbed onto the mini-stage and started dancing and singing along to Superman dat Ho. They literally knew every single word and they even knew the dance rountine that goes with that song. Unless they just made up the dance because I seriously don't know if one exists. Seriously though, I can NOT stand vulgar rap music.

2 comments:

AntsyMama said...

yes le duc hooked it up for us tho..they're not THAT much cheaper mind you..but we got 50% off bc of my dad. and the cake was unique for all the non-viets at our wedding..lol!! i guess we just happen to have the same taste? u can pick from hundreds of styles in their many books of cake styles! i had to choose between 3 that i really liked - and i chose that one. btw, i know that girl! haha. i didn't know she was a dentist too.

Nosmo King said...

woman you know everyone in houston ... just like ur pops ... haha ... i actually didn't get a chance to have any of ur cake ... i left a little early with miss emily ... i know ... i'm a BAD friend! i wish i had my camera back then b/c then i would have taken more pics at ur wedding ...