2901 Western Ave
Seattle, WA 98121
My name is Nosmo, and I have approved this message ...
Seriously though, for the last couple of weeks, is that not what has been playing over and over again on your television set? But that has nothing to do with my entry. Moving on now ...
There were so many things that I was looking foward to about Seattle and at the top of the list would have to the Olympic Sculpture Park. The grand opening only happened just a year ago and I've read that it has been a very popular and welcoming addition to the city. We need something of that caliber HERE! It's designed to have this Z shape to it so as you're strolling through, you'll find yourself having to zig zag either up or down the park. Some of the art is amazing and some not so much. We visited on a Monday and it was just our luck that the PACCAR Pavilion, which is basically the visitor info center, is opened everyday except for Monday. Seriously, that always happens to me! It's just like how I seem to crave Chick-Fil-A on Sundays. Bah! So we simply just enjoyed our morning stroll through the lovely park with an equally impressive view of the Puget Sound. Massive amount of pictures ahead.
The PACCAR Pavilion in the background.





















Claes Oldenburg & Coosje van Bruggen, Typewriter Eraser, Scale X
1998/1999
Stainless Steel and Fiberglass


1 comment:
Wow! What super shots you took at OSP! I especially love the ones where people are peeking out from behind Serra's "Wake," leaning on the concrete slab hardscape, and how you centered the Needle between two buildings in formal symmetry. I've seen thousands of shots people have taken in there, and you have some unique and fun takes. Nice to see it through your lens.
Thank you for carrying a link to SDP. I noticed your site this morning because a few of my visitors had linked through your site. So, thank you. Are you still here in town? If so, enjoy your visit, and I hope you catch some sunshine today!
-Kim
Seattle Daily Photo
Post a Comment