Monday, February 11, 2008

Holiday: Lunar New Year 2008

I know I'm a bit late to wish everyone a Happy Lunar New Year, but Gong Hay Fat Choy; Chuc Mung Nam Moi to all my readers (which are few but very special indeedy)! I hope that the year of the mighty rat will welcome nothing but good things and lots of fortune. The pictures below are from Tan Tan Restaurant. Many businesses in the area have similar decorations in preparation of the New Year. Tan Tan is VERY popular among Asians and has been here way before the big boom in shopping centers that have currently taken over the area. Their food is pretty decent and I'm always baffled that more non-asians don't know about this place. It's WAAAY better than Vietopia. I have never been and probably will never ever try Vietopia. It's over-priced and is not an appropriate represenation of Asian food.


2 comments:

AntsyMama said...

thats so cool! they're on the roof!

Nosmo King said...

There not real people! The bf was convinced they were real even when we were standing right underneath them. Haha!