Thursday, December 30, 2010

Birthday: Mom

For my mom's birthday, I took her out to eat at Pho Tan Loc tonight. Her birthday's really not until tomorrow but I'm heading to Dallas for new year's eve. I think my dad wanted to go there so that's why she ended choosing that place. The lady who owns the place used to have a restaurant a loooong time ago that my dad would frequent cos he really liked the food. Something happened and she ended closing her restaurant. After twenty something years, she opened up Pho Tan Loc on Bellaire and Mary Bates in the same center as Thai Spice and my mom and dad have been going there ever since they found out. My dad likes their ca kho and canh chua. I think I still prefer com tam ban toi or thuan kieu's ca kho and canh chua. I printed out around three hundred something photos that I had of my mom and put them in an album to give to her as a gift and she loved it of course. Who doesn't like pictures of themselves! My mom actually thought she was turning 55 and my sister and I were like, uh, no. She was celebrating her 54th birthday. So this whole year she thought she was 54 going on 55 but was actually 53 going on 54. Is this what happens when you get old? Not good. Haha. Now thinking back. I should have thrown my mom a big party for her 50th birthday. I'm such a bad daughter. I really need to throw my parents some kind of big party.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


My mom's so weird sometimes. Haha. I'm obviously very much so my mother's daughter. I'm like 95% exactly like her.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

AntsyMama said...

omg my family and i ate there when it first opened too and they know the owner too..lol. they told my parents the daughter got a lot of moola somehow and just enjoyed herself for a long time before helping her mom open up this place. so they're both running it now. and yes, my parents love the canh chua/ca kho there too..haha. your parents are too cute.