Friday, December 17, 2010

Restaurant: Umai

8400 Bellaire Blvd
Houston, TX 77036

Every once in a while, EmMa, Antsymama and I will get together and have some dinner time. When EmMa brought up that it was time to meet up again, I suggested Umai since I had heard that it was new place in town that was serving ramen. That and I had to say no to EmMa when she said she had a coupon to Buca di Beppp. Yick. Anyways, to keep things short, the ramen wasn't all that great when you compare it to Ippudo in NYC. I think the traditional ramen broth here was a little bland and the noodles didn't have that nice solid texture. My honey pork bento was pretty good. EmMa said she wasn't hungry and ate only a little bit of her Umai ramen. I didn't finish my honey pork and we ended up trading and finishing up each other's dishes. I haven't decided if I would go back or not. The food was okay but our waitress was hoorrrrrible. She was extremely sweet but let's just say being a waitress is not for her. One thing that really bugged me about what she did was that when we asked her for a booster chair for Rich, she immediately said that they didn't have one. Turns out they did cos somebody brought one out for us. I'd rather her have said that she wasn't sure and then WENT to go ask instead of saying 'sorry nope'. And she forgot a lot of things and I wasn't surprised when she goofed the bill. I'm pretty calm in restaurants and prefer to not make a scene. But if we were some where else, I would have been, girl you are so dumb. Hah.

Food in order of appearance:
agedashi tofu
braised brisket ramen
gyoza dumplings
Umai ramen
honey pork bento



Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

AntsyMama said...

lol i'm only now seeing these pics. great shots! of course why is it seems the ones with your kids are usually great shots to the parents..haha. anwyays yes that waitress was NOT good..blah.