Monday, December 6, 2010

Trippin': Chicago - Quartino

626 N State St
Chicago, IL 60654

For dinner on our first night in Chicago, the entire Houston clan all finally met up at Quartino's, an Italian tapas place. I love the whole idea of tapas, which is sorta like dim sum where it's all about small plates that you share and so you get to try more things. The food here wasn't all that great but it was okay since it felt like only minutes had passed since we had loaded up on some of that saliva inducing fried chicken at Crisp. Oh my gawd I think about Crisp at least once a day. The place is really cute and super packed and it has an open kitchen which I like to see in restaurants. It was miss wonder woman's birthday that weekend so I was glad that I was there to celebrate that occasion with her. Her and her friends went out to the clubs after dinner while my group opted to call it an early night.

Food in order of appearance:
sauteed spinach
crisp calamari
chicken soup (for under the weather big poppa)
minestrone soup
beef short ribs
broccoli rabe
sea scallops
ravioli
mushroom risotto
linguini with clams in red sauce
shrimp risotto
linguini with clams in white sauce


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket