During my first visit to Chicago, I tried Uno's and Gino's East deep dish pizzas and was not a fan. At all. The sauce on both pizzas were really runny and the crust tasted almost like cornbread to me, and I hate cornbread. I had intended on giving it another try with the whole pizza battle but that pizza battle never happened. While reading up other deep dish places in Chicago, I saw the words BUTTERCRUST on Lou Malnati's menu and put Lou Malnati's at the top of my list. Since big poppa and I weren't super hungry yet, we decided to order a small personal size deep dish just to try it. Oh how I wish I had ordered a bigger one cos it was so good! That crust was delicious! We took the pizza to go and headed off to Grant Park to sit and eat our pizza. Our very tiny pizza. Haha. It's funny cos just this week the travel channel special on pizzas came on and Lou Malnati's was on it. They even have packaged pizzas that you can have shipped to wherever you are. When I came back to the states, two different people told me that their fave pizza place in Chicago was Lou Malnati's. And now it might even be mine. I still have to try Giordano's.
4 weeks ago
















1 comment:
hahah aw tiny pizza. it looks so yumz!!
Post a Comment