Saturday, December 11, 2010

Trippin': Chicago - Millenium Park

This is my post on Millenium Park in Chicago. I'm about to throw this retarded laptop across the room because I had completely finished up this post with fotos and everything and when I went to publish, something happened and my post was entirely lost. Fracking technology I swear. I hate it! So I'll list my thoughts instead of re-writing the complete sentences I had put together just a little while ago. By the time big poppa and I were at Millenium Park, the rest of the group had already left and so big poppa and I were able to enjoy some quality time together and our only worries were pleasing ourselves. It was quite nice especially since we usually only travel with family and friends.

* I love cloudgate or what people normally refer to it as: the bean. It's the best simple sculpture out there that also is so awesme at the same time. I wish Houston had something like this.
* Modern sculptures by Chinese artists in boeing gallery.
* People watching at the crown fountain. I also wish Houston had something like this.
* My original plan before was for everyone in the group to split up and pick up deep dish pizzas from different pizza places and then reconvene at Jay Pritzker Pavilion for a picnic and pizza battle to see which one we thought was the best. Alas, it never happened.
* Cartwheels!
* The BP bridge is cool to look at and not as interesting to walk across. It looks like this big metallic serpent making it's way from one side of the street toward the park.
* This park is so congested with so much art, sculptures and architecture that I'm taken to a wonderfully happy place.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

AntsyMama said...

wonderful shots of cloudgate!! i think the demon(?) car is really interesting too. oh, and the fountain heads are so cute!