Yesterday was such a GORGEOUS day! I thought about calling up some peeps to meet up but in the end, I decided to keep it a big poppa and me day. Sometimes it's just easier that way. We woke up sometime after 11am and got ready to head out. This would be our valentine's day together. I checked my food truck location status and saw that eatsie boys would be parked at Agora that afternoon so to montrose we went!
Upon arriving at the eatsie boys food truck, we placed our order with chef matt and then went into Agora to order some coffee and grabbed a table outside.
Big poppa had an iced vanilla latte and I had an iced hazelnut latte. I think it was the best iced hazelnut latte that I've had in Houston. Normally when I order iced coffee drinks, after a while, you start getting that melted ice separation. Not the case here. Maybe the nice weather helped slow down the rate of melting or something.
Chef matt bringing our food over to us.
My favorite were the pork snuggies (2) - $6: fluffy, steamed buns stuffed with pork belly, green onions, cucumber, hoisin. You can't really go wrong with anything you put into steamed buns with hoisin sauce. The pork belly was cooked like a pork chop and the meat although a bit tough, the flavor was till really good.
My next favorite was the eggman sandwich - $5: homemade chicken poblano sausage, local eggs over easy, cheddar cheese, sauteed veggies served on a challah (holla!) roll. The egg was well done instead of over easy, but it was still good. They grilled the bun on the inside as well as the outside so there was a nice buttery crunch to it.
This was my least favorite. Actually, I didn't like it at all. da bomb - $6: vietnamese style sandwich with marinated chicken or tofu, cilantro, cucumber, pickled carrots, avocado, roasted jalapenos served on a french baguette. This was not even close to being anything like a vietnamese banh mi.
After chilling out there for a bit and enjoying each other's company, we went home to get the dogs and took them to the park. Tino and Neo both really hate the camera. I yelled out at them for five minutes but they kept their heads turned away.
After taking the dogs home, big poppa and I wanted to stay outside a bit more so we decided to take a walk around rice. On the way there, we scooped up antsymama who wore her COVE shirt! Yay!



























1 comment:
wow ur getting quick with posting ur pics! good job. yay to cove shirts!
Post a Comment