Thursday, December 23, 2010

Trippin': Chicago - Fox & Obel

401 E. Illinois
Chicago IL 60611

Fox & Obel is similar to Whole Foods and big poppa and I headed on over there to grab a bite at their cafe around 10pm. I don't think I was hungry but I have this tendency to look at menus, see something I like, and then I'm miraculously hungry. It must be a gene only chubby have. I can't really remember what we ordered but I can say that it really wasn't all that great. I had this turkey, brie and cranberry sandwich. I asked for no cranberry but it still came with it. I had to send it back and I'm sure the workers were a bit miffed since it was late. Big poppa had a soup and some penne with marinara. His dishes came out room temp. That's never a good thing. The market itself is really nice and cute. There's a lot of fancy snacks, knick knacks and bric-a-bracs. Wow so RHYMY! This would be the perfect place to stop by to pick up things for a little picnic. Big poppa and I took a cab there and decided to walk thirty minutes back to our hotel. I wanted to stop by Millennium Park anyways to check out cloud gate at night. So pretty! I want one in my front yard. Isn't it funny how we're willing to walk anywhere when we travel but parking one block away from your destination in Houston is considered far.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

AntsyMama said...

haha agreed on the parking issue..i can park in BFE when i'm in another town but in houston, it's unheard of.