Here are some of my photos of pre and post Hurricane Ike. They're not as dramatic as the images that you might see from the Associated Press. I wish they were!
People boarding up their windows.
This gas station was dry even before the storm came.
A full parking lot at the local Kroger's.
The bf and I waited til the last minute to get some non perishable items. The lines were pretty long but it just seemed like your typical rush hour grocery shopping. Except that a lot of the shelves were empty.
Down power lines.
Trees on the lean.
Power lines on the lean.
Signs on the lean.
Broken street lights that are getting on everyone's nerves.
Top of the morning to you lamp post!
Super long lines at every gas station that had electricity and gas of course.
The Pappas BBQ was one of the first places to open up and it got packed quick! The bf and I decided to wait to go eat out at restaurants just in case they decided to use meat that may have been unfortunately stored at the wrong temperature due to the outages.


























No comments:
Post a Comment