Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Thingits: Dunny Series 5

Unbeknownst to me, Series 5 of the Dunny's that I collect made it's debut at the beginning of the month. Right before a series comes out, stores who sell these things can choose to hold trading parties where fans of this stuff go and buy the new Dunny's and then they can trade off the ones that they have duplicates of. I know. How old am I again? The bf and I are very immature for our age. But I should really just speak for myself. Anyhow. I'm so sad because I missed it! Those parties look so fun! I'm not a huge collector but I like wasting money and buying a few here and there. It's the thrill of not knowing what you're gonna get, and then the disappointment after when you realize you already got that one. Boo! But yeah. These trading parties were something I was looking forward to. It's just so hard to keep up with these things. Only one trading party is held per series, and all stores must participate on the same day. Maybe next time. The bf got me 4 of them and they all ended up being different. Lucky. And one even turned out to be a mystery Dunny. Super lucky! This series mos def gots some more interesting artwork.

From left to right:

1. The mystery dunny by Devilrobots. He sports a scarf!
2. Amanda Visell is a cartoonist I believe and she created the elephant looking dunny with her version of the drama and comedy faces on the ears.
3. I call this one my Fanny Pak dunny because of the lightning bolts. The artist is Reach.
4. The last dunny is designed by Jellymon, a Chinese artist. You can tell the Chinese influence by the yuen signs on the body and the accessory that it came with is a Chinese coin. Coolness!


Photobucket

Photobucket


The Series 5 checklist.

No comments: