Thursday, September 25, 2008

Paw Pals: Stewie

The Saturday that Ike finally decided to cease it's fury, we heard meowing from somewhere in our backyard. After a little searching, we found two kittens laying together in my moms garden. My sister and I made a new home for them out of this big cardboard box and left it outside where the mom cat could have access to it. A little while later, we heard more meowing and noticed that the old Mexican lady that lives behind our house was shoving two more kittens underneath our shared fence. What the deuce?!? It seemed pointless to ask any questions so we just grabbed the kittens and placed them along with who we hope were their siblings. We waited in hopes that the mom cat would soon come and take care of her business. The next morning rolled around and the first thing I did was to go check the kittens. All the kittens were gone except for this one black kitten. I was immediately super worried. Did the mom leave the poor kitty? Or was it in the process of a transfer to a new location and I interrupted it? I waited a few more hours and checked again and the kitty was still there! And it was constantly meowing. I'm sure it was really hungry. So I made the executive decision to take it inside and feed it. I had some small bottles from previous puppy care and fed it some soy milk. It drank happily. I think at first we were all some what actively looking for a new home for the kitty but I have a huge feeling that kitty is here to stay! Thinking it was a boy at first, we named it Stewie, after the football shaped head baby on Family Guy. And then I did another check yesterday and the parts looked a bit more female than male. We ended up deciding to stick with the name Stewie. Especially since it rhymes with my mom's cat, Chuy. Stewie drove us crazy at first with the non-stop crying but he/she has since stopped and is sleeping throughout the night. He/she has mastered the stairs and jumps off the bed with ease. Potty training was such a breeze! The only thing is the Stewie is a mean kitty! He/she likes to bite and his/her claws are crazy sharp! Tino's interest in Stewie has also worn off. For the first two days, Tino licked Stewie all day long. Tino thinks that Stewie belongs to him and won't allow Neo to be near the kitty. Stewie isn't the cutest kitty ever and actually looks kinda scary sometimes. In the pics below with Tino, Stewie's fur looks all jacked up cuz Tino couldn't stop grooming him/her.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Here's a pic of Stewie next to his very first clump of pee!

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

AntsyMama said...

hahahah!! omg that is tooooooo cute. it made my day..sigh. and the kitty isn't that skurry lookin! if she got some hair patted down w/ some hair products, i'm sure she would be stylin' like no other kitty. =P