Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Wedding: Anita & Neil

08.24.2008
Safari Texas Ballroom

Like all Viets have their wedding reception at Kim Son, I think a lot of Indian folks have their reception at the Safari Texas Ballroom. It's a really pretty place! This was my very first Indian wedding. Neil and Anita actually met and hooked up at my old job. It's really crazy seeing them going from being all flirty and now they're frackin' MARRIED. If I had to sum the wedding up tactfully, I would have to use the word inneresting [sic]. But honestly, it was prolly the most boring wedding I've been to. And it started sorta late too! The time on the invitation said 6:30pm. They didn't seat us until an hour after that. And then, we were all just sitting around waiting some more. They didn't start announcing the family members until about eight something. The reception started out with a bride/groom roast as well as stories that really touched the heart. The bride is probably the most chill female I've ever met. She's just completely easy going and 100% drama free. So the groom is very lucky to be marrying her! Her friends gave speeches that brought the bride to tears. Two of her bridesmaids were friends that she met back when they were in middle school! That's truly amazing. That's something that I really envy mainly because I've never been the kind of person to have such long standing friendships except for a few here and there. I don't have qualms about getting rid of 'supposed' friends. I only want people in my life who are there for me as much as I am for them. Fair-weathered and selfish users and abusers, move outta my way! Good friends are few and far between. Don't y'all agree?

Anyhoo, there was lots of dancing, lots of stories, and lots of vegetarian food. That's right. VEGETARIAN. I was mos def not feeling the food. They didn't even begin to serve the food until about 10pm. I was feeling so miserable and HUNGRY. I didn't even get a wedding favor because it was one per family and I was my friend's date so only one of us could take it. And she ended taking it since I didn't think I would have any use for it. Blah. I guess the best part about the wedding was that I got to see all my ex-co-workers. I met some great people there.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Dance!Dance!Dance! ... Twist the light bulb and pet the dog. Hah!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


The TNOX trio together again!

Photobucket

2 comments:

AntsyMama said...

"Twist the light bulb and pet the dog"..that is too funny. love the pics!

Anonymous said...

I laughed at the same comment Kim did! Lol. Tanox was wayyyy too quiet after you guys left. =(