Friday, September 26, 2008

Restaurant: The Buffalo Grille

3116 Bissonnet
Houston, Texas 77005

1301 S. Voss Road
Houston, Texas 77057

I love trying new restaurants. That's the adventurous part of me. But then I get back to my safe roots by ordering just about the same stuff I'll normally order at every other restaurant. What can I say. I've got me some shy taste buds. My co-worker neighbor buddy was telling me about how she recently moved and now lives near one of her fave breakfast places, The Buffalo Grille. She was shocked when I told her that I had never even heard of it before. She said their breakfast stuff was yums. I didn't think about this Buffalo place again until I was flipping through this take-out taxi menu and came across a place that offered chicken and dumplings. And it turned out to be the same place that my co-worker neighbor buddy spoke of. The bf is just CAH-RAZY about chicken and dumplings. Back when he was in Dallas, he and his peeps would go to this Jew place that was ran by Asians, and they would all order chicken and dumplings. It's all he ever talks about. It was always the Jew place or First Chinese. I don't even know the real name of the Jew place. Anyhoo. So of course, he wanted to try it out and we went to the Buffalo Speedway location. Turns out they were closed for a private party. Boo! But by then, the bf was super really in the mood for some chicken and dumplings. So he decided that he must have it and we set off to the S. Voss location. Believe me, they are not in close proximity to one another. Since I don't do the driving, it doesn't matter where we go. Verdict on the C&D? Negatory. Not good. My grilled chicken sandwich that I ordered. Not good. The fries on the other hand were pretty good. I guess I made the mistake of not heeding the recommendation from the co-worker neighbor buddy to try the brekky stuff. Oy!


Photobucket


The first location.

Photobucket


The second location.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


There were like twenty different signs that said no holding tables while still in line. Geez!

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

did he even like the chicken and dumplings?

ps. I like your pictures a lot! all of them! You were being modest when you said you were just so so.