Sunday, July 19, 2009

Birthday: EmMa

Last week, it was Miss EmMa's berfday and a bunch of her peeps herded on over to The Bombay Brasserie for a nice little celebratory dinner to honor her existence. I was a bit unsure about having to eat Indian food. So was big poppa. When I mentioned to him where we would be going, he didn't look so excited. For some reason, I know it's wrong but I just always assume that I would get some sort of stomach grumblings if I ever consumed Indian food. I've had like chicken masala before, which is pretty good, but to me it was kinda like eating safe Indian food. I've always been scared of trying super real authentic ethnic Indian food. I'm glad I was wrong! The food there was GREAT. I forgot all the items that we had but indulged in a little bit of everything and was pleasantly surprised. Big poppa really liked everything too. Miss EmMa had the waiters bring out a little bit of all of their most popular dishes. Chicken masala was part of it. Yums! There was this plate with a combination of vegetarian appetizers that big poppa and I really enjoyed. Since I sometimes dedicate days where I only eat vegetarian, I'll have to remember to keep those dishes in mind. I know most of this post so far is related to the food at this restaurant but this really shouldn't be a food post cos I didn't take any food pics. Why?!? Cos Mister Chucktographer sat right in front of me. He owns this massive Nikon D3 that I will one day steal if he doesn't keep his eye on it. Call it a moment of insecurity on my part. Now I know how guys feel! Hah! From the looks of it, Miss EmMa had a swell time. She's got so many friends! We always talk about how the both of us never really made any friends in college except for each other. Which is pretty close to the truth. She's my ice-skater friend who's gonna teach me to be a better ice-skater whenever I get off my lazy butt and make my way to the rink. But it's so cold! Brrrr.

She received a rice cooker from her fellow teacher friends.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: