410 Bagby St
Houston, TX 77002
I finally had a chance to re-visit the Downtown Aquarium. For those who don't know or remember, I lost three of my memory cards back in December and I had a ton of fotos on them. Some of them being the ones where I went with Mochi to her company's x-mas party at the Downtown Aquarium. I remember having such a good time only to be stricken with sadness a few days later when my memory cards were lost and remain lost to this day. I have these fleeting moments where I suddenly think of them and quickly do a search for them online. As usual. Nothing. Big poppa had some family come visit for about a week and his family took them out to the Downtown Aquarium. I decided to tag along. The food here is ok. I had this chicken salad spinach wrap and everyone else had some type seafood. They also all indulged in some raw oysters and some gumbo. Everything was okay. It's a place to experience maybe once or twice. I doubt most people would ever come here to satisfy a craving, cos that would imply that there is something here that is crave worthy. The exhibits of marine life aren't as spectacular as other real aquariums but I think it's fun to go in and take a little look-see at what they do have to offer. I loved seeing the white tigers but at the same time I felt really bad at how sad they looked. I don't know how their outdoor quarters look like but the one indoors was extremely pathetic. The place is TINY! For such big beasts, you would think that they would have built a much larger space for them to roam around. I absolutely hate seeing animals trapped. You have to wonder if their quality of life is really that much better. Sure, they are safer and food is always provided. But the freedom! Oy oy oy. Nobody wins.
4 weeks ago


No comments:
Post a Comment