808 N Cage Blvd
Pharr, TX 78577-3106
Upon our arrival in McAllen, and a quick nap (cos we're old like that), Miss Fabu treated us out to Poncho's. Some of her workers recommended this place to her, saying that it was a very good authentic Mexican restaurant. I'm all for authentic! When we sat down, we were never given any menus. Instead, the waiters suggested this combo fajita platter. It was almost like the Mexican omakase. Let's entrust our waiters to bring out the best they had for the day. We went ahead and agreed with the fajita combo platter. Right then, I thought to myself. This place can't be that authentic! Cos any Texan knows that fajita is a Tex-Mex concocted fare and not something you would find in most real and authentic Mexican haunts. Like 100% Taquito. Haha! In any case, the fajita combo came out on this giant platter, sizzling with all this deliciousness. It was frackin' GUT! The best authentic Tex-Mex I've ever had. My only complaint was that they didn't give us enough tortillas. We kept having to ask for more and every time, they would bring out like three at a time or something and it was NINE of us at the table. Stop being so stingy on the tortillas yo! My snowboard crew is so awesome. A bunch of them began piling any chicken fajita they saw closer to my side of the platter cos you know, I only eat chicken. So thanks guys for that! I totally heart y'all! But deep down, I'm sure most of them were thinking, more beef for us! Haha! As we were busy eating, a mariachi band came in and starting playing. Coolness! In the end, we were all super stuffed but we had to go and get stuff ready to barbecue that night for dinner. It was mos def a perfect start to a great weekend.
The sistars find the fajitas funny.
Who let this big Irish lad take meat from our side?!?














No comments:
Post a Comment