All these years, not once have I ever gone to visit my cousin when she lived in LA. Now that she's gone and moved to Hotlanta, I finally decided to plan my little trip. It started out being only big poppa and I taking the trip. But then there soon became the gradual addition of my cousin and his gf, both my younger sistars and then my other cousin and her bf. That would be eight Houstonians. In the end, I'm really glad that everyone who came along did so cos it made for a fun family affair. I researched and assembled an intense itinerary as I usually do but my preggars cousin in Atl quickly whittled it down something more manageable for an entourage of ten. It was hard to accept but I eventually relented. My cousin and her hubby were wonderful hosts and really went out of their way to make sure all of our needs were met. Their house is A-MAY-ZING! It's three stories. Sort of. There's a basement that has a pool table, a semi-theatre area and two bedrooms along with the other three bedrooms on the top floor. They have this gorgeous deck in the back that looks out into this forested area. There was some mention of ticks and that was enough to make me stay away from those trees. This is also one of the first trips I've taken with my sistars in a long while. I'm not as particularly close with them as I once was. I think it's due to the fact that they're both growing up and at that stage where too much happens in their lives. I prefer not to know anything. That way, I can keep my sanity and people don't get thrown down stairs. But one thing I've learned about them is that they're turning into some fine alcoholics.
The wonderful host and hostess
Some pics of the house.
Cousin and one her dogs. His name is Arlo and he's a Weimerdoodle. Not sure of the spelling. Arlo is one of the most hyper dogs I know.
Their other dog is Coco. She's a maltese and she's super shy and skittish. Complete opposite of Arlo.






















No comments:
Post a Comment