Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Restaurant: Kata Robata

3600 Kirby, Suite H
Houston, TX 77098

I have come a long way when it comes to eating sushi. I used to make this claim that I'm allergic to seafood. I'm not sure if that's even true anymore. There were a handful of instances where I broke out into hives after consuming shrimp and ended up with the conclusion that all inhabitants of the ocean makes me itchy! The reality is, I just don't simply like the taste of a lot of types of seafood. Fish? Blech. Crab? Blech. Squid? Blech. And sometimes, it's just easier for me to tell people that I'm allergic and let it be. I'm sure if I eat enough shrimp, I'll blow up. I'm not sure where I'm going with this and I can't find a good transition so I'll just jump right into it. Big poppa and I met up with some people and guess who got to choose the place. That's right! Moi? As usual. I always end up being the person to choose the restaurant even though I'm the pickiest eater out of everyone I know. I had read about Kata Robata on chowhound blog and she went in depth about how wonderful the omakase was. So I chose this place so that big poppa could try their omakase. For some reason, the omakase we had featured nothing but sashimi and sushi rolls and not more creative entree-like dishes. I thought maybe they had ordered a cheap omakase but then again, our waitress didn't mention anything about having different price omakase's. Our waitress was pretty bad. Like really bad. But she was so nice it was hard to get mad. Our whole table pretty much ordered a slew of rolls. I don't remember what they were called but I tried almost all of them and can say that they all pretty much tasted the same. It was still pretty good though. Kata Robata is owned by the same people behind Azuma and Soma. Kata Robata actually means something along the lines of grilling at your table but it wasn't available yet. I'm not very good at writing about food so I'll just go straight to pictures. I've had just about enough of my no nonsense rambling.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Desserts! Mochi ice-cream and banana tempurea (Okay. I'm not a fan of mochi), black sesame creme brulee (YUMS! I love creme brulee and I sometimes really like black sesame), green tea ice-cream (Okay) and green tea tiramisu (Kinda weird. Mos def prefer regular tiramisu).

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


We're ballers! But not really. That's the total for eight people. So pretty normal for a fancy schmancy sushi place.

Photobucket

No comments: