Friday, July 10, 2009

Trippin': Atlanta - Aja

3500 Lenox Rd NE, Ste 100
Atlanta, GA 30326

We decided that while in Atlanta, we would have one nice dinner together. My cousin chose this place called Aja, a super trendy restaurant that serves a fusion of different types of Asian food. While the food wasn't all too great, the decor and atmosphere was top notch. They had this massive 10ft brass Buddha that sits in the middle of the main dining room and was shipped straight from Thailand. It kinda reminds me of Tao in Las Vegas. I had a lychee martini that was so stiff that after two small sips, I gave up on it. I'm not so much of a drinker. Our table ordered a smattering of appetizers. Most of them were pork and big poppa and I missed out on them cos we've given up on eating pork for a bit. I know. We're CRAZY! Several of us ordered the peking duck. It was bone in and mos def not anywhere as good as the stuff you find in Houston. But what do you expect. It's Atlanta! And the worst part is that they only give you TWO fracking buns. Want more? Well, you'll have to pay for extra buns. Absurdity! Big poppa had the Chilean Sea Bass that was so-so. My sistars and I shared the peking duck, pad thai and some shrimp fried. Nothing spectacular. It made me really appreciate Thai Spice and Tony Thai. Big poppa almost threw a fit though when it came to his nigiri. He ordered two pieces of salmon and two pieces of toro. Hidden between the fish and the rice was some wasabi. Big poppa hates wasabi. I've never been to a sushi place that did that. He also mentioned that the toro did not melt in his mouth. Overall though, I could see myself coming here and hanging with friends for that lounge environment, but prolly not for the food.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: